Thursday, May 23, 2013

Ach Well - Looks To Be About That Time.

I've thought about this - and swithered and buggered about - but all good things must come to an end.
I'm in reasonably good health and can still do some arithmetic mentally, so don't really have a lot to bitch about.  But this is my goodbye to you.

As many of my old readers know, anti-cancer medication had limited my sex desires a LOT, so my interest in transvestism and suchlike took a helluva beating.  At the beginning of this year the cancer flared up again and had got into my spine and ribs.  Radiation treatment was a bit of a pain in the ass, but was painless and highly efficient - and has seemingly eradicated the cancers in those areas.  But?  I had to increase medication which has totally eliminated what remaining sexual interest I had.

To put it bluntly, I started to feel like a voyeur looking at this blog so have practically stopped visiting.  Must say that the blog seems to have survived this quite well - thanks to the contributors and the interest they've generated.

Anyway?  This is my farewell and, if possible, I'd like to pass on the running of the blog to anyone who is daft enough to want it.  Again, as any old time reader knows?  I'm an idiot when it comes to anything technical - so I'm more than willing to listen to anyone who can tell me how to pass the reins over.  (Someone HAS to approve new contributors!)

I started this blog with the idea of a non-commercial blog where transvestites, cross dressers, and suchlike could meet with kindred spirits without feeling demeaned or being screwed financially.  I also wanted to hammer home the point that us transvestites tended to look down on ourselves - my own experience being self hatred for a long time - but that as individuals we didn't have any logical reasons for such self dislike.

So m'dears?  I'm pretty damned ancient now - but I remember the desire - and the humiliations in dressing up, so sympathize a great deal.  Look after yourselves - and for goodness sake, stop with the self pity - or self dislike.  You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Many Hugs.  Good bye and the best of luck.

Bea

12 comments:

Tammie said...

Hi Bea, it makes me sad of course that you are leaving but thank you so much for all your kind words and of course your stories. Your friendship means a lot to me as you were one of the first people I reached out to regarding my dressing. I'm glad to hear that your health is doing better. Big hugs, and take care, yours Tammie

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea - all good things must come to an end. and you are entitled to "retire" when you are ready and wishing to do so.
But I for one will miss your creativity and excellent stories and, I suspect like many others, would like to thank you for the many hours of thrilling, but entirely credible, fiction which you have bequeathed to our sub-tv community.
And thank you especially, and most recently, for your brilliant idea of setting in motion the Stuyvesant Academy series which has already developed into such a fantastic saga. If this does prove to be your final contribution to the feminisation genre, you will certainly have "gone out at the top", as they say.
Thank you Bea, for all that you have written and all that you have achieved for our kind.
God bless. Anon.

rocketdave said...

I can't say this doesn't kind of suck, but I also can't say that it isn't an entirely unexpected development. Although your libido may have deserted you, I hope you are still able to look upon your body of work in this genre as having been worthwhile and not as time that could have been better spent penning the great American novel... or the great Scottish novel. Whatever; you know what I mean.

There are encouraging signs that this blog will continue. As for who will take up the reigns... there was a time when I might have been the first to volunteer, but I'm not certain it's a responsibility I could handle at present.

I feel as though I have a lot to be grateful to you for Bea: A) for the many hours of enjoyment your fiction has brought, and B) as you may recall, posting some of my drawings to your site led to my discovery by a writer for a certain publisher of TV fiction and kicked off my illustration "career." So, it's safe to say that knowing you has affected my life in a not-insignificant way.

While this is sort of a goodbye, it's not impossible that I might check in on you again at some future point and try to mooch more free stories off of you. Until then, take care.

Gina Vizavi said...

Thanks so much for your writing. You have provided so many of us with more than just fantasy. You have made a difference and have helped us to grow. Thank-you Bea!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the stories, all the blogs, all the entertainment, Bea. I hope "Bea's TV Station" will be kept going by other folks in your honour. It's a great concept, with some great content.
Keep well and enjoy the memories.

Carrie P said...

Hi Bea
Really don’t know what to say, all the other comments have covered my feelings so well. I understand your reasons for calling it a day but I would ask you to reconsider. While you may have not contributed recently as much as you did I think you still have so much to contribute through your vast knowledge and experience but having said that I respect your decision.
When I first came across your writings they blew me away immediately, I could not believe someone could write so stylishly and elegantly about our fantasies. Your writing really is the gold standard. Your characters were wonderful creations and the plots were marvellous. That you made many of these available free to readers of your site underlines your wonderful generosity.
It was a great idea starting the blog and I always looked forward to reading your views on any subject, and boy could you use that soapbox. The way you recounted and shared your experiences of your earlier days must surely have been a great help to many struggling with any feelings of guilt or shame.
On a personal level, over the years not only have you been a true friend, a source of great advice, an inspiration and much more besides. We won't see the like again. You’re a legend.
Carrie

Anonymous said...

So sorry your going not surprised but sorry. Thank you for years of happiness from reading your stories and for this blog for me its the best thing on the internet. thank you and God bless

rocketdave said...

Small correction: When I said "I can't say that it isn't an entirely unexpected development," what I of course meant is that I can't say that it's unexpected, but I used too many negatives and said the opposite of what I meant. I had to reread that sentence a few times before I caught my mistake. I'm sure my meaning was obvious anyway, but I'm anal retentive and felt I had to point that out. This is why I wish we could edit comments.

Anonymous said...

O my God youll really really be missed Bea. Your stories are always fantastic and thank you for everything youve written. Its all been wonderful x

Anonymous said...

So many thanks Bea,

You really helped me personally a great deal, especially with the sense of isolation I had for a long time.

To be able to read your excellent stories which were so generously given really meant a lot.

I wish you the very best - Nicki

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to read this Bea - everything you've contributed to this genre has always been entertaining and it has also helped to lend respectability to a subject which can so easily degenerate. Your latest idea, the one which started out in January as "A Wee Bit of Fun", is an excellent example of this and looks like it is developing into a really brilliant, long-running series. Thank you so much for starting that but also for all the great stories you've written yourself over the years and for making this tv sub feel a bit more normal than I ever did before I read them. Best wishes for the future, ND

Anonymous said...

I love all your stories Bea, all so very well written. Kind wishes,
Anon